It’s a new year full of exciting opportunities for your business or organization. As you think about your marketing goals for 2013, take a moment to evaluate your past activities and current position.
We put together a list of 5 key areas to get you started on the right marketing foot in 2013!
Establish a Consistent Brand
Every aspect of your marketing should push a consistent message across all mediums. In order to ensure a consistent message you must establish your brand’s core identifiers.
- Do you have a logo and a specific color palette for your customers to identify you by?
- Do you have a vision statement and mission statement to direct your endeavors?
Evaluate your Website
The average life of a website is three to four years. Keeping your website up to date and fresh is important! Your prospective customer will likely visit your website before contacting you, whether they learn about you through an online search or from a friend.
- Does your website capture the essence of your brand?
- Is your website compatible and ranking well with Google, Yahoo, and Bing?
Develop a Social Media Strategy
There are many social media platforms out there and it is important to be on the right ones for your business. Do you have a presence, but rarely engage? Knowing and speaking to your target audience is key! Time and money can easily be misused on social media. Facebook and Twitter are great for the majority of businesses, while other social media outlets like Pinterest and Houzz are dream platforms for certain businesses.
- Do you have a presence on the right platforms for your business?
- Are you active on your platforms?
Schedule your Campaigns
After you have established your brand, website, and platforms, it’s campaign time! Creating a campaign for your company or organization can offer renewed energy, attract new clients, and recapture the interest of past clients.
- Do you have a strategy in place for your promotional schedule?
- Does your campaign efficiently reach your target market?
Revisit your Roots
We are passionate about marketing! Put an awesome print piece, graphic, or commercial in front of us and we’ll look like a kid at Disney World. It’s what we do. What we think about. What we enjoy. And we know that businesses can thrive under the influence of effective marketing.
- What gets you excited about your business? Remember and let it fuel your year.
- Marketing, stripped down to its core, is communication. So, how are you doing?
In 2013, resolve to communicate effectively, efficiently, and consistently with your consumer! If you need assistance, we would love to come along side of you.
Happy New Year – Cheers!