Google is about to change the way its influential search engine recommends websites on smartphones and tablets in a shift that’s expected to sway where millions of people shop, eat and find information.
The revised formula, scheduled to be released Tuesday, will favor websites that Google defines as “mobile-friendly.” Websites that don’t fit the description will be demoted in Google’s search results on smartphones and tablets while those meeting the criteria will be more likely to appear at the top of the rankings — a prized position that can translate into more visitors and money. Read full article here.
If you are not familiar with mobile technology, here’s what you need to know:
- 53% of Americans use their smartphones to access search engines like Google, every day
- 63% of adults use the internet on their phones
- 81% of U.S. cell phone users will have smartphones by 2015
The use of desktop and laptop computers for web searches has been on the decline for the last few years and Google has now decided to favor websites that are mobile friendly over those that aren’t, meaning if your website is not mobile your search rankings will decrease.
So, how can we help your business website be prepared for Google’s new search formula?
- M&R Marketing Group will provide you a free website evaluation to determine if your website is prepared for the upcoming change
- M&R Marketing Group will report our findings to you and discuss your next steps
- If your website is not optimized for Google’s new search formula we will offer a free proposal with our suggestions for improvement
If you would like to schedule a free website evaluation you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to speaking with you and helping ensure your website is prepared for Google’s new search formula. You can also learn more about our mobile website design services here.