M&R Marketing, based in Macon, GA, is currently hiring for the full-time, in-house position of Copywriter. This position is available immediately.
Does this Describe You?
You are organized, highly-driven, and naturally curious about the world. You are empathetic, putting yourself in the audience’s shoes to see things from new perspectives to create strong, persuasive content.
Bottom line – you love to write. From creating 3-word taglines to 10,000-word websites, you can do it all. You can take complex, abstract concepts and put it into words people remember. You’re motivated to improve and can offer and accept constructive feedback on your work.
The ideal applicant should possess the following experience:
- Degree in English, Journalism, or Creative Writing
- Professional experience in writing for a variety of industries and topics, for both short-form and long-form platforms
Responsibilities & Skillsets
Copywriter responsibilities include:
- Create engaging content across multiple platforms, including, but not limited to: print material, SEO article development, SEO website content development, press releases, social media pages and ads, eNewsletters, video and traditional media scripting, ad campaigns, taglines, name development, and mission, vision, and value statements
- Research a wide range of industries and lead content meetings with clients to discover their “why” and become educated on their services and market
- Communicate and collaborate with designers, developers, digital strategists, and account managers on various projects and concepts
- Expertly proof all content for accuracy, consistency, and adherence to style and grammatical guidelines; this includes self-proofing and the proofing of other team writers
- Writing based on Search Engine Optimization best practices
Copywriter skillsets include:
- Ability to work on a deadline and manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to clearly communicate messaging approach and strategy to team and clients
- Naturally curious and can formulate thoughtful and insightful questions
- Ability to offer and accept constructive feedback on work
- A strong work ethic, passion, and integrity
- Health, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
- Matching 401K plan
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Paid vacation & sick time
- Paid maternity & paternity time
- Paid volunteer time
Candidate should exhibit M&R’s core values
- Relational: you are others-focused, striving to nurture relationships with your team, clients, and community
- Insightful: you seek the why, striving to understand the client’s work and needs so that we can best serve them
- Innovative: you stay up to date on digital marketing trends and research new service opportunities
- Passionate: you are fully engaged in the work that has been entrusted to you and you believe your work is making a difference
Learn More & Apply
Please email your resume, portfolio, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.