M&R Marketing is a full-service advertising agency located in Macon, GA. Our award-winning, in-house team of 20+ creatives work on exciting and innovative projects for a wide range of industries. M&R is hiring a Copy / Digital Intern to work in our Macon office.
Does this Describe You?
You are organized, highly-driven, and naturally curious about the world. You are empathetic, putting yourself in the audience’s shoes to see things from new perspectives to create strong, persuasive content.
Bottom line – you love to write. From creating 3-word taglines to managing social to writing 10,000-word websites, you enjoy it all. You can take complex, abstract concepts and put it into words people remember. You’re motivated to improve and can offer and accept constructive feedback on your work.
- Create engaging content across multiple platforms, including, but not limited to: print material, SEO article development, SEO website content development, press releases, social media pages and ads, eNewsletters, video and traditional media scripting, ad campaigns, taglines, name development, and mission, vision, and value statements
- Research a wide range of industries and lead content meetings with clients to discover their “why” and become educated on their services and market
- Communicate and collaborate with designers, developers, digital strategists, and account managers on various projects and concepts
- Expertly proof all content for accuracy, consistency, and adherence to style and grammatical guidelines; this includes self-proofing and the proofing of other team writers
- Writing based on Search Engine Optimization best practices
Why Intern with M&R
- Gain relevant experience working on challenging projects within your field (you won’t be getting coffee & making copies)
- Establish a professional network
- Potential for future employment with M&R Marketing
- Receive mentorship
Experience you will Gain
- Work alongside a team of Copywriters and Digital Strategists
- Learn how to coordinate between different departments in a marketing environment
- Sit in on discussions for larger projects under the leadership of M&R’s senior team
- Work on projects for actual clients that will build your portfolio
- Gain advanced knowledge of tools and resources related to your field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Majoring or minoring in English, Journalism, or Creative Writing
- Junior or Senior
- Reliable transportation
- Pay: $10/hour
- Hours: 10-20 per week
- Location: M&R office, 331 3rd Street in Macon
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org